square(x, out=None, where=None, **kwargs)¶
Return the element-wise square of the input.
- x : array_like
- Input data.
- out : Tensor, None, or tuple of tensor and None, optional
- A location into which the result is stored. If provided, it must have a shape that the inputs broadcast to. If not provided or None, a freshly-allocated array is returned. A tuple (possible only as a keyword argument) must have length equal to the number of outputs.
- where : array_like, optional
- Values of True indicate to calculate the ufunc at that position, values of False indicate to leave the value in the output alone.
- out : Tensor
- Element-wise x*x, of the same shape and dtype as x. Returns scalar if x is a scalar.
>>> import mars.tensor as mt
>>> mt.square([-1j, 1]).execute() array([-1.-0.j, 1.+0.j])