negative(x, out=None, where=None, **kwargs)¶
Numerical negative, element-wise.
- x : array_like or scalar
- Input tensor.
- out : Tensor, None, or tuple of Tensor and None, optional
- A location into which the result is stored. If provided, it must have a shape that the inputs broadcast to. If not provided or None, a freshly-allocated tensor is returned. A tuple (possible only as a keyword argument) must have length equal to the number of outputs.
- where : array_like, optional
- Values of True indicate to calculate the ufunc at that position, values of False indicate to leave the value in the output alone.
- For other keyword-only arguments, see the ufunc docs.
- y : Tensor or scalar
- Returned array or scalar: y = -x.
>>> import mars.tensor as mt
>>> mt.negative([1.,-1.]).execute() array([-1., 1.])